LC-MS, GC-MS, ESI and MALDI
Proteomics, metabolomics and lipidomics
Circular Dichroism, Fluorescence, UV-Vis, Infrared
Optical, Confocal, SEM, TEM
HTML5 , CSS3
Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, Access
Keynote, Pages, Numbers
Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign. Dreamviewer
I am a chemist specialised in analysis of complex molecular networks. I have conducted research in the field between chemistry and biology with a focus on supramolecular and systems chemistry. Primary areas of interest include artificial life, out-of-equilibrium systems, self-replication, self-assembly of macromolecules, catalytic activity of peptides, fluorescent molecular recognition systems, analysis of cultured meat using omic approaches.
Leading the analytical activities for novel food application, developing analytical methods for fresh and spent cell culture media and cell-cultured tissues, developing multi-omic aproaches for cultured meat.
Philosophy of Doctorate (PhD).
Master of Science (MSc), CUMGPA: 3.84 / 4.00.
Erasmus exchange student.
Bachelor in Science (BSc). Graduated cum laude, CUMGPA: 3.71 / 4.00
Graduation grade: 5.00/5.00
10. Yigit Altay, Antoni Llopis-Lorente, Loai K.E.A. Abdelmohsen, and Jan C.M. van Hest, "Chemical Cascading Between Polymersomal Nanoreactor Populations", manuscript submitted.
9. Joydev Hatai, Yigit Altay, Ankush Sood, Armin Kiani, Marcel Eleveld, Leila Motiei, David Margulies, Sijbren Otto, "An Optical Probe for Real-Time Monitoring of Self-Replicator Emergence and Distinguishing between Replicators", JACS 2022, 144, 3074–3082. DOI: 10.1021/jacs.1c11594.
Highlighted in JACS Spotlight by Kimberly Bolduc.
8. Yigit Altay, Imke A. B. Pijpers, Loai K. E. Abdelmohsen and Jan C. M. van Hest, "Dynamic Assembly of Micellar Meso-structures", ChemSystemsChem 2019, 1, e190004. DOI: 10.1002/syst.201900049.
7. Yigit Altay, Shoupeng Cao, Hailong Che, Loai K. E. Abdelmohsen and Jan C. M. van Hest, "Adaptive Polymeric Assemblies for Applications in Biomimicry and Nanomedicine", Biomacromolecules 2019, 20 (11), 4053-4064. DOI: 10.1021/acs.biomac.9b01341
6. Yigit Altay Meniz Altay and Sijbren Otto, “Existing Self‐Replicators Can Direct the Emergence of New Ones”,Chem. Eur. J. 2018, 24, 11911 – 11915. DOI: 10.1002/chem.201803027 .
5. Meniz Altay, Yigit Altay and Sijbren Otto, “Parasitic Behavior of Self‐Replicating Molecules”, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 2018, 139 (57), pp 10564–10568. DOI: 10.1002/anie.201804706.
Highlighted in chemistryworld.com by James Urquhart (June 26, 2018)
4. Yigit Altay, Meniz Tezcan and Sijbren Otto, “Emergence of a New Self-Replicator from a Dynamic Combinatorial Library Requires a Specific Pre-Existing Replicator”, JACS, 2017, 139 (39), pp 13612–13615. DOI: 10.1021/jacs.7b07346
3. Pim W. J. M. Frederix, Julien Idé, Yigit Altay, Gaël Schaeffer, Mathieu Surin, David Beljonne, Anna S. Bondarenko, Thomas L. C. Jansen, Sijbren Otto, and Siewert J. Marrink, “Structural and Spectroscopic Properties of Assemblies of Self-Replicating Peptide Macrocycles”, ACS Nano, 2017, 11 (8), pp 7858-7868. DOI: 10.1021/acsnano.7b02211
2. Murat Işık, Ruslan Guliyev, Safacan Kölemen, Yigit Altay, and Engin U. Akkaya, “Selective Sensing in Space and Time: Designing Kinetic and Thermodynamic Differentiation for Biologically Relevant Thiols”, Org. Lett., 2014, 16 (12), 3260-3263. DOI: 10.1021/ol501272z
1. Safacan Kolemen, Yusuf Cakmak, Sule Erten-Ela, Yigit Altay, Johannes Brendel, Mukundan Thelakkat, and Engin U. Akkaya. , “Solid State Dye-Sensitized Solar Cells Using Red and Near IR Absorbing Bodipy Sensitizers”, Org. Lett., 2010, 12 (17), 3812-3815. DOI: 10.1021/ol1014762
- “Search for larger self-replicators from dynamic combinatorial libraries”
- “Template assisted emergence of novel replicators”
- "Spectroscopic studies of self-replicators"
- "Salt effects in self-replication kinetics"
- "History dependence of dynamic combinatorial libraries in out-of-equilibrium conditions"
- "Sustainability of self-replicators at far-from-equilibrium"
- “A Homogeneous System for Photogeneration of Hydrogen from BODIPY Based Photoinduced Electron Transfer System”
- “Nanovesicle formation and catalytic activity of short peptide amphiphiles: Implications on the origin of life.”
- “Strengthening of self-assembled amphiphilic peptide nanotubes through controlled click chemistry. ”
- “Selective Fluorescence Sensing of Biological Thiols Using a BODIPY based Bifunctional Probe.”
- “Enantioselective Sensing of Amino Acids by Atropisomeric BODIPY Dyes.”
- “Study of poly(2-hydroxylethylmethacrylate) based hydrogel beads under swelling and contraction conditions by fluorescence resonance energy transfer”
- “Modulation of excited energy transfer through PET mechanism in dendritic systems”
- “Synthesis of Bodipy dyes for solid state dye-sensitized solar cells using red and near IR absorbing Bodipy sensitizers”
- “Chemiluminescence activation of a photosensitizer through energy transfer”
- Bilkent University Team
Synthesis and Analysis I practical course supervisor.
Organic Chemistry I and II laboratory supervisor
Summer internship at fresh water, domestic/ industrial waste purification facilities.
Organization Committee and Poster Presentation
Organization Committee and Poster Presentation
Flash and Poster Presentation
Participant (Selected among 40.000 applications). Supported by TUBITAK.
References and letters of recommendation are available on request.